When we talk about the UEFA champions’ league, we realize that it is not only one of the largest and the biggest competitions in football, but also happens to be of the highest regard when it comes to competitive football in the club stage. What makes it special is that there are a lot of European clubs that are trying to win this particular piece of silverware every year. One of the bigger achievements that most of the clubs have been able to think about is to always win the champions league title. Well, some of the best clubs have been able to do it multiple times.
Let’s have a look at the Top 5 Clubs with the most Champions League Titles.
- Real Madrid: They have won the title nine times, and happen to be one of the leading clubs to win the champions league title. They have won it in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000 and 2002.
- AC Milan: This Italian club that is on the bedrock of a massive structural and administrative change has also been a very big part in winning the UEFA champions league since its inception. They have won in 1963, 1969, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003 and 2007. This seven times winner of the champions league has now been able to gradually try and get everything settled down in the club after looking at a massive overhaul of footballers as well is administrative units in the club.
- Liverpool: A famous football club and a wonderful part of the United Kingdom, Liverpool has a pretty rich history when it comes to soccer. They have won the UEFA champions league five times, notably in 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984 and 2005. One can honestly say that this is a club that has been around for quite a while, but may not have lived up to its potential in the regional domestic league titles.
- Bayern Munich: This German club has also won the title five times, most notably in 1974, 1975, 1976, 2001 and 2013. What makes this club different from almost all the other regular clubs in the European league is that they grow and nurture their own footballers in their junior club stage. This is the reason why they have been able to manage even with a frugal budget as they make use of people from within their own structure.
- Ajax: A club which was formerly known as the breeding ground for famous footballers across the world, Ajax has certainly undergone a metamorphosis in order to become a club that is on the rise. However, they have only won the UEFA champions league four times, notably in 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1995. However, do not be quick to wipe out the contention of this club as they have been around for quite a while and have been known to pack a punch when they are down and out.